Progress reports will be sent home with your student this Friday. I have also begun putting grade in Skyward so that you can watch your child's progress. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
This Week's Learning Goals
- Identify, write, and say the sound for the letters: Ff, Bb, Ll, Oo
- Letters introduced so far: Mm, Cc, Aa, Tt, Ss, Rr, Ii, Pp
- Read and write the sight words: we, to
- Sight words introduced so far: I, see, like, a, can, the
- Read the color word yellow and the number word
- Color and number words introduced so far: red, blue, green, zero, one, two
- Identify rhyming words
- Draw a picture to tell a story
- Identify the parts of a book: front cover, back cover, title page, word & letter
- Make connections between stories we read and other stories, myself, and the world
- Identify, write, and demonstrate understanding of 0-10
- Count to 30 by 1s and 10s
- Sort object by color, size, shape, etc..
- Identify # of sides: circle, square, rectangle, triangle, hexagon
- Demonstrate an understanding of the positions: above, below, beside, in front of, behind, next to
We have been practicing writing the 0-9 and will continue to review these this week. In the next week or so, we will be adding a number writing page to the practice pages in your child's take home folder. Your child should practice tracing/writing this number using his/her finger or a dry erase marker. Please do not take the page out of the page protector.