Friday, I was off to take my oldest son to college and the student's had their first substitute teacher. They did a wonderful job and I am very proud of them.
This week we will have a lockdown drill, a tornado drill, and a fire drill.
Our learning goals this week are :
- master the basic handwriting strokes
- compare and match upper and lower case letters
- read and write the color word red, the number word zero, and the sight words I & see
- identify the concepts of print (letter, word, sentence, parts of a book)
- make connections between texts, ourselves, and the world
- write, identify, and understand the numbers 1-5
- identify and compare the 2D shapes: square, rectangle, triangle, hexagon, circle
- identify and create an AB pattern
I sent a snack calendar home last Thursday. We currently have 22 students. Please send enough snacks for 22-23 students.
Thank you to everyone who volunteered to help in the classroom, for a party, or on a field trip. If you did not complete and return your background check form yet, please do so ASAP so that you may be eligible to help.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. Together, we can help your child succeed.